Thursday 17 September 2015

Indian Food Review - Pani Puri

Cuisine: Indian
Category: Street Food
Name: Pani Puri
Where to get it: Indian street food Restaurants


If you’re looking to try something beyond the traditional Indian menu, You’ve come to the write blog. I’m a street food enthusiast and decided my first post should trophy those ideas, as a result I present to you; the love of my life, the baby to my food and the taste to my tongue. Gol Gappe ( also known as Pani Puri). 


Pani Puri, is a combination of salty, sweet, tangy & sour elements to personify and intensify the vivacity in your taste buds as the different spices & textures crunch, simmer and dance away on your palette.



I understand, for those who haven’t tried these before it is fairly difficult to imagine. So let me help, essentially Pani Puri is a crunchy, pastry like cup filed with potatoes, chickpeas and sprinkling of spices. The mini Cup is then embellished with a drizzle of tamarind sauce for the sweet/tangy affect, this is then followed by a flooding of a spicy, sour mint water that rockets the flavors to a level I am sure no one can articulate.


This is a snack food I attempt to make on a homely basis in order to satisfy my cravings- unfortunately the true taste of India is only personified in the streets of India itself, but you can find yourself coming close in mirroring Indian vendors around Sydney. However, my advice: get your hands on these gushers as of immediate and you will find yourself in love.

To try it out, here are a few restaurants close by:
-       Taj, Harris Park
-       Billu’s Eatery, Harris Park
-       Abhi’s Indian, Concord

Watch this quick video from Buzz Feed, Americans eat Pani Puri for the first time. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHmAVIZ--44

- Malika

1 comment:

  1. Share great information about your blog , Blog really helpful for us . We read your blog , share most useful information in blog . Thanks for share your blog here . Order Your takeaway online in Denton

    ReplyDelete